Bone cancer dog chained in despair, just hoping to find a home to share his wishes in the last days of his life

Concerning neglect and abuse of an elderly dog was reported to GWARP (Global Welfare Association for Rescuing and Protecting Animals) on September 22. This was easily one of the worst cases they had ever seen.

The sick and frail dog was discovered chained, without any means of nourishment or hydration. The dog obviously had bone cancer and had been suffering from it for a long time without treatment. The dog had developed osteosarcoma, a particularly cruel form of bone cancer, as a result of its short chain existence and diet of scraps and garbage.

The vet confirmed that extensive injury and infection are common triggers for this particular form of cancer. Sadistically, the reporting party had actually seen the dog being beaten severely by its intoxicated owner. The dog spent years tethered to a short metal chain in the yard, unable to roam more than a few feet at a time.

The dog’s owner refused to give up custody to the GWARP rescue team, citing his legal rights to the animal. The rescuers were so dedicated to saving the dog’s life that they even contacted the police for help. The dog’s owner finally agreed to take it to the vet after hours of pleading and proof-of-need being provided.

We agreed because the poor dog needed urgent medical attention, including blood tests and an amputation. Histology testing was performed on tissue samples. Despite the progress made so far, “we still have a long road ahead,” said a member of the GWARP team.

There was a small glimmer of hope for the dog’s survival because X-rays showed that its osteosarcoma, a rapidly growing tumor, had not yet spread to its lungs. But the tumor kept growing, and as it did, it tore the skin.

The dog, named Jordan, was given a soothing bath to wash away the trauma and bad vibes from his past life.

Jordan’s condition cannot be properly treated in Azerbaijan, unfortunately. The best place for him to get the care he needs is in Turkey, so that’s where we’ll send him. The group reported that he would be making travel plans “within a few days.

Jordan safely arrived in Istanbul, where he underwent pre-surgery sedation to obtain comprehensive X-rays of his entire body. Jordan’s road to recovery had begun with the amputation of the tumor-ridden limb.

It has been three days since Jordan’s surgery, and he is proving to be a quick learner, adapting well to his new life. His hunger has returned, and he devours the meals his caregivers prepare for him.

Let us continue to send our well wishes for Jordan’s speedy recovery and hope for a long and happy life ahead. Everyone who has been moved by your story adores you, Jordan

Related Articles

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Back to top button